Despina Katsikakis is an industry leader with an international reputation for thought leadership and innovation on the impact of the built environment on people and business performance and serves as an independent adviser to corporate occupiers, real estate developers and investment funds.
A former Chairman of international consultancy DEGW and recently with Barclays Corporate Real Estate, Despina has over 30 years’ experience working with international organisations at board level, guiding them on how to use their workplace to affect behaviour and culture and how to align policies and processes to support innovation and organisational transformation.
With clients including Accenture, BBC, BP, Deutsche Bank, GSK, Google, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley and Unilever, among others, she has developed ground-breaking initiatives and has an extensive track record of successfully implemented global programs that deliver significant business benefits.
Performance Benefits of Successful Projects can include:
- Business Agility: Accommodate 20-30% more people in the same amount of space
- Efficiency: 75% + reduction of churn cost
- Energy: 40%+ carbon reduction
- Team productivity: Speed of decision making up by 45%
- Individual productivity: Daily time wasted down by 65%
- Wellness: Absenteeism down by up to 65% with flexible working
- Engagement: At least 85% of people would not go back to the old ways of working & think
the new environment is a great place to work
She leverages her understanding of corporate occupiers and future trends to advise cities, real estate developers, funds and their design teams on how to differentiate and future proof award winning schemes around the world.
Despina is passionate that the built environment should be developed with clear purpose and focus on the people experience and impact on business, society and the environment.
She regularly lectures around the world, writes and contributes to media, research and publications on the future of the workplace.